Hezum's Top 10 Blog Posts of 2022
Jan 10, 2023 · 8 mins read ·HR Strategies & Systems
At the end of every year, we find it interesting to take a look back and see which of our many blog posts were the most popular over the previous twelve months. This gives us really good insight into which topics people are searching for with regards to HR systems and strategies - and helps us write more about those subjects.
So without further ado, let’s take a look at which of Hezum’s articles were the most read over 2022. Check out the list and see if you agree that these are the most interesting posts we published last year.
Hezum’s top 10 blog posts of 2022
10. In tenth place was a topical blog post called How to Increase Employee Attendance at Your Christmas Party. We think it’s probably fairly safe to assume that now that many companies have returned to the office after the multiple lockdowns, Christmas parties were back on the agenda.
But perhaps not every employer was confident of getting a good turn out, hence the need for some of our tips on how to get employees to actually show up for the festivities!
9. Another topic that has featured prominently in Human Resources blogs is the issue of employee burnout and workplace wellness. That appears to be why our post entitled How to Spot (and Support) Employees with Burnout made the top ten as the eight most-read post last year.
How are your employees doing? Could you use some tips on promoting employee wellbeing at work? If so, take a look at this article.
8. Our eighth most-read post in 2022 was a guide to creating new hire checklists called Why You Need a New Hire Checklist & How to Create One. As someone working in HR, you know how crucial the first few months of a new employees’ time at your company are and this post aims to help with issues of new hire retention.
Could your new hire engagement use a helping hand? If employees are upping and quitting your company within your first year, it might be time to take a look at your new hire checklist and see if anything can be improved upon.
7. And as if to prove a point, the next most popular post in our 2022 top ten was an article called Your Onboarding New Hire Checklist for Interns. Here we take a look at why ensuring your interns are set up for success when they join your organization is vital.
And yes, we know they might only be with you for a couple of months, but if you want to create a great impression of you company and nurture future talent, having an intern new hire checklist is a must.
6. Returning to the theme of employee mental health and wellbeing is a blog post that was the sixth most read on the Hezum blog last year: How to Help Your Employees Achieve a Better Work-Life Balance.
Companies who mandate a culture of hustling and that don’t respect their employees’ work life balance are destined for failure. After all, a happy and healthy employee is a more productive and loyal employee. If you have the nagging feeling that your organization could use some help in this area, have a read of this post.
5. We’re halfway through our top ten blog post list and, not too surprisingly, an article called How to Create a Hybrid Team Set Up That Works takes the fifth spot. Post-pandemic, employers have been split between working fully remotely, having all employees return to the office full time or adopting a combination of the two: hybrid work.
If you’re wondering whether a hybrid set-up would work for your company, or you need some tips on how to better manage your hybrid workforce, this is the post for you.
4. 3 Common HR Hurdles and How to Overcome Them was our fourth most popular post in 2022 - not a massive surprise given that our blog (and our HRIS software as a service solution!) aims to help HR people solve challenges.
Wondering what those three common hurdles are for Human Resources departments? You’ll have to read this blog post to find out!
3. We’re into the top three now and, uh-oh, it seems a lot of companies are struggling with an unengaged workforce as our blog post entitles 10 Ways to Motivate Disengaged Employees had a lot of eyes on it!
If your new year resolution is to tackle employee disengagement head on this year, you really should take a look at these ten actionable tips for creating a more motivated (and productive) workplace.
2. We’re sure it would be a resounding success with your people but if you’re wondering what duvet days are and whether they’d work for you, our second most read post of last year, Should You Implement Duvet Days? Your Questions Answered, will help you make that call.
There are pros and cons to duvet days but if you’re still sitting on the fence when it comes to this workplace perk, or you’re trying to convince a business leader one way or the other, hopefully this blog post will make the decision easier.
So what was the most popular post on our blog of 2022? What’s the burning issue that HR people and managers have been searching for advice for and Google and have ended up on our blog?
It’s only that sticky topic of employee retention...
1. Yes, the Hezum blog post that was read by the largest number of people over the last twelve months was one entitled How to Increase Your Retention Rates Through Employee Recognition. Obviously it’s not so great that so many organizations are struggling with employee turnover - but it’s heartening to see that so many leaders are realizing that employee recognition is a key aspect to keeping people.
If you’re looking for some ways to increase employee recognition in your company or you’re trying to prove to your management team why recognizing your employees is so crucial, this blog post is the way forward!
So there we have it. From increasing Christmas party attendance to stopping employee churn through embracing a culture of recognition, and plenty of other topics in between, we hope you found some worthwhile articles on our blog this year.
And don’t forget, if you’re looking for an HRIS that will help you get 2023 off to a flying start with easy-to-use yet truly useful features, Hezum can help!
From employee onboarding to time off management, our 360 degree Human Resources solution is tailor made for small to medium-sized companies like yours. Interested in finding out more? Request a demo - or just go right ahead and create your free account today.
I'm a UK-based content writer here at Hezum. I've an interest in all things HR and company culture.